Daily Prompt: Breakthrough
Today’s daily prompt reminded me straight away of limitless hope. The hope you hold on to when life depends on the particular breakthrough you’re waiting for. That waiting game can be excruciating, and it breaks my heart to think about how many of us are playing it.
So; what do I do personally to cope?
- I remind myself all the time of how strong Brendan is in mind, body and spirit.
- I look at our kids.
- I focus on what’s happening now. The greatest piece of advice I have been given in regard to coping with a loved one’s cancer diagnosis came from Brendan’s oncologist. His advice was comforting and easy to follow: ‘let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves and just deal with what we know today.’
- We keep things normal at home, and laugh, a lot!
- We have surrounded ourselves with an amazing, positive, supportive community of family, friends and neighbours that extends far and wide.
- I have a close knit crew of girlfriends, including my mum, two sisters, my nieces and Bren’s mum, that have my back through the highs and the lows.
- I have a deep respect for and trust in the medical team that is treating Brendan.
- I walk on the beach
Not as conventional, but highly effective (for me) …
- I observe a daily spiritual practice using the ancient and traditional techniques of Reiki Practice.
- I use a method of connection called journaling that allows me access to an unlimited supply of Divine Wisdom.
- I affirm through a daily practice every morning (this sets my intention for the day …most days 😉 )
- I meditate (not nearly enough, but when I do it can be powerful stuff)
The featured image attached to this post came from a journaling session (guided writing) I had done in September 2015. Up until today, I have only shown it to my two sisters, and Brendan.
There was a lot of wisdom shared in the journaled passage, too personal to share publicly, but it ended with me being directed to meditate. When my sisters and I were talking about this, after returning from Brendan’s review on Friday, Deb sent me a screenshot of the last paragraph of the writing I had shown them the year before.
It has brought me much to be hopeful for! Fingers crossed the trial Brendan has been invited to be a part of is the breakthrough we have been waiting for.
What is a daily prompt? Daily Prompt (one of my fave creative blogs) publishes a new word every day, those participating (there are hundreds of us) write a new post in response to the day’s one-word prompt… the purpose behind it is to keep the creative juices flowing within a supportive community.
I find writing, playing with fiction especially, to be a great escape from the busyness of life, which is why I enjoy participating in Daily Prompts when I have the time.
Having said that, the main focus at calliemm.com is to share awareness of the rare/uncommon cancer my husband Brendan has…